[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] PLUG-org - Call for attendance.

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at hegbloom.net
Sat Nov 9 06:57:10 UTC 2002

To all interested Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm cooking up an idea or two regarding evolving towards and instituting
a more formally organized and conventionally business-like PLUG
sub-group.  I think that we need to discuss and draft a constitution and
set of bylaws, for starters.

So, this is a call for attendance on the PLUG-org mailing list, which
you may subscribe to via the usual-interface at
<URL:https://lists.pdxlinux.org/>.

Please announce yourself (role call) as you "arrive" on the list, and
please create a folder for it.  (The low murmur of aspiration prior to
the Calling to Order is acceptable here; formal "attire" and behavior is
most appropriate, but no neckties allowed.)

I would greatly appreciate the attendance and guidance of folks familiar
with corporate boardroom proceedings, etc. along the lines of RROR
(below) and the Debian Constitution.  Please lend a hand and help to get
the ball rolling.  I have no formal training in these matters, and will
require your input.

 Mandatory Reading List - I'm serious.
=======================================

Your reading list should contain foremost this URL, or hard-copy tome:

<URL:http://www.constitution.org/rror/rror--00.htm>

... which you will find a link to at:

[oblistarchive: SUBJECT TO CHANGE: the following is a temporary URL.]

<URL:http://new.pdxlinux.org/resources/>

@Book{robert00:_rules_order_newly_revis,
  author =       {General Henry M. Robert and Sarah Corbin Robert and
Henry
M. Robert III and William J. Evans and Daniel H. Honemann and Thomas J.
Balch},
  title =        {Robert's Rules of Order, Newly Revised},
  publisher =    {Perseus Publishing, Cambridge Massachusetts},
  year =         2000,
  edition =      {10th},
  note =         {http://www.robertsrules.com},
  ISBN =         {0-7382-0384-X or 0-7382-0307-6},
}

I found a paperback copy at Border's books for $17.00.  It's 11x16x3.5
cm, 704 pages, 10pt, and is thus the perfect size to carry around for
idle loop reading.  It will fit right in your cargo pocket, scouts.

So, let's get after it and start to sketch out our constitution and
bylaws, shall we?

--
No, one more time, I do NOT need your "leadership", sir.
Please just GET OUT OF MY WAY.                                .''`.