[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] Looking for Guest Speakers or Facility Tours

Qualls, Carlos L carlos.l.qualls at intel.com
Fri Nov 22 00:51:21 UTC 2002

I am posting this here because I would really like to see the Post 915

members exposed to Linux and what it can do for them and though I have

used Linux for many years I would like to get other people to present

their uses of Linux. Even though the Post members are for the most part

very computer literate few of them have ever used Linux for anything.

===========================General Info==========================

The Intel sponsored "High Tech" Explorer Post 915 is looking for guest

speakers and/or facility tours for the 2002/2003 program year. The

typical Post member is a youth (male or female) between the ages of

14 and 20 who is interested in Technology usually as a career. The typical

meeting format is 7PM to 7:30PM get members signed in and go over any Post

business and then 7:30PM until 9PM the speaker presents his/her topic and

educational/work experience. We get a fair amount of internal

Intel speakers, but are always looking for external speakers to give the

Post members a well rounded view of the High Tech industry and/or High

Tech hobbies.

The general format is

1) How did you end up in your High Tech job or Hobby?

2) What inspired your educational choices?

3) What knowledge is required for your job or hobby and how do you

   acquire that knowledge.

4) What you really do "on the job" or in your hobby.

5) What are the exciting developments in your field of interest?

Post 915 meets the first and third Tuesday's of each month at the Intel

Jones Farm Campus (JF3 main lobby), 2111 NE 25th Ave, Hillsboro, Oregon

97124. The post web page was put together by one of the post members and

is at http://www.rdrop.com/~post915 <http://www.rdrop.com/~post915> . You
can contact the advisors by

sending e-mail to post915 at agora.rdrop.com or look at the web page under

advisors and call one of us.