[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] O'Reilly Open Source Convention

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Tue Jun 3 23:20:01 UTC 2003

I'm about to send out a couple postings relating to O'Reilly Open
Source Convention, but first I want to remind people that

           O'Reilly Open Source Convention

                      will be

                    July 7-11, 2003
                         at
              The Portland Marriott Downtown
                 1401 SW Naito Parkway
                   Portland, OR 97201

Monday and Tuesday will have special tutorials.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday will have the general sessions
The vendor exhibition will be Wednesday and Thursday.
Check http://conferences.oreillynet.com for details.

Like most professional conferences, this conference is expensive.
Get your employer to send you if at all possible.
We want O'Reilly to make money on this conference and bring more
events to the Oregon Open Source Community.

If you do sign up to attend, you can probably still get a 30% discount
by admitting that you are a member of the Portland Linux/Unix Group
and giving the secret but widely published code "os03pug"; and remember
"You are a member of the Portland Linux/Unix Group if you say you
are a member of the Portland Linux/Unix Group".

If you can not afford to attend, you can:

       -  Attend the vendor's exhibit on Wednesday and Thursday.
          I'm not sure how much this costs at the event.
          It may be as much as $100.00.  However, an Exhibit Only
          Pass is FREE if you register on-line at
                    http://conferences.oreillynet.com.

       -  Volunteer to work at the conference.
          PLUG has negotiated 20 positions.