[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: August PLUG Meeting

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu Aug 7 05:07:07 UTC 2003

                         MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

                    The Portland Linux/Unix Group
                              will meet
                     7 PM Thursday August 7, 2003
                                  at
                      Portland State University
                                in the
                        Smith Memorial Center
                               Room 298
                       On the block bounded by
   SW Montgomery, SW Broadway (7th), SW Harrison, and SW Park (9th)

                             PRESENTATION

                       Various Topics Including

                             An Overview
                                of the
                       Mandrake Security System

                                  by

                           Dale Zeutenhorst
                        <dale at microsharp.com>

      We just got our speaker for August.  Dale Zeutenhorst has
      been kind enough to step up and lead a discussion of MSEC
      and prelude and other security features in Mandrake Linux.
      He has some good things to say, but he also says his
      presentation may be a bit short and he would be happy to
      share time with someone else with another short topic.

          Agenda:

              7:00 - 7:30  Business
                   We will discuss the status of our ongoing projects
                   including the monthly hands on clinics, PLUG for
                   Education, etc.

              7:30 - 8:30  Presentation

                   See above

              9:00 - ...  Beer
                                  The Lucky Labrador Brewing Company
                                  915 SE Hawthorne

                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                          560 SE Alexander
                                          Corvallis, Oregon 97333
                                          (541) 730-5285 cell
                                          plug at sco302.DavidMandel.com

          P.S.  The Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users Group meets at
                Oregon State University (generally Owen Hall room 101)
                on the first Tuesday of the month.
                See http://www.mwvlug.org/ for details.

          P.S.  The Eugene Linux Users Group meets regularly.
                See http://www.euglug.org for details.

   David Mandel                        http://www.DavidMandel.com
   Portland Linux/Unix Group           http://pdxLinux.org
   LinuxFund                           http://LinuxFund.org