[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] Advanced Linux SIG - 7PM Wednesday Aug 20th --"Asterkisk PBX"

Zot O'Connor zot at whiteknighthackers.com
Tue Aug 12 08:07:35 UTC 2003

Please note the new location (JAX).

John Todd will talk on
"Asterisk: Open-Source VoIP Telephony in 3 Beer's Time Or Less"

General guidelines will be:

  - Asterisk: introduction
  - Goals of the project
  - license notes from Digium
  - Two brief implementation notes: enterprise and home examples
  - what asterisk isn't
  - components: hardware and software
  - components: channels, configuration files, how it is a voice router
  - what is VoIP: SIP, H.323, MGCP
  - hardware: capi, modem, zap analog, zap digital
  - requirements to run Asterisk
  - applications:
    - answering machine
    - IVR
    - VoIP gateway to upstream providers
    - follow-me calling
    - call screening
    - voice interaction front-end to anything you want
    - outbound call generator
    - call center applications
    - toll avoidance trunking for switching platforms
    - etc. etc. etc. as time permits
  - gotchas, readmes, caveats about the system
  - resource list

Time:
        7pm

Date:
        Wednesday Aug 20th, 2003

Location:
        Jax [Restaurant]
        110 SW Yamhill St.
        Portland, OR

        On the MAX Line, next to Bally's Fitness.  This is around the
        corner from Paddy's about

There will be food, alcohol, and much technical discussion.

Projector:

        I do need a project still.  I plan on bringing the one that
        needs a power supply fix (really I am), so if you can bring a projector please
        email me.  Thanks!

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com