[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: October PLUG Meeting

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Wed Oct 1 19:53:12 UTC 2003

			 MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

		    The Portland Linux/Unix Group
			      will meet
		    7 PM Thursday October 2, 2003
				  at
		      Portland State University
				in the
			Smith Memorial Center
			       Room 298
		       On the block bounded by
   SW Montgomery, SW Broadway (7th), SW Harrison, and SW Park (9th)

			     PRESENTATION

	       Comments on Forking a Linux Distribution

				  by

			      Zach Welch
		      <zwelch at superlucidity.net>

      Zach Welch has been working on a fork of the Gentoo
      distribution.  I will discuss issues involved in
      building your own distribution.

          Agenda:

              7:00 - 7:30  Business
                   We will discuss the status of our ongoing projects
                   including the monthly hands on clinics, PLUG for
                   Education, etc.

              7:30 - 8:30  Presentation

                   See above

              9:00 - ...  Beer
                                  The Lucky Labrador Brewing Company
                                  915 SE Hawthorne

                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                          560 SE Alexander
                                          Corvallis, Oregon 97333
                                          (541) 684-4644 at work
                                          (541) 730-5285 mobile
                                          dmandel at pdxLinux.org

          P.S.  The Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users Group meets at
                Oregon State University (generally Owen Hall room 101)
                on the first Tuesday of the month.
                See http://www.mwvlug.org/ for details.

          P.S.  The Salem Linux Users Group is renewing itself.
                See http://www.salemlug.org for details.

          P.S.  The Eugene Linux Users Group meets regularly.
                See http://www.euglug.org for details.

   David Mandel, Instructor            http://www.PioneerPacific.edu
                          Other Affiliations
   David Mandel                        http://www.DavidMandel.com