[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] LAST MINUTE REMINDER: PASA Meeting 21 Oct 2003

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Tue Oct 21 23:46:09 UTC 2003

PASA Meeting 21 Oct 2003
========================

PASA, the Portland Area Sys Admins, invites you to our next meeting to
be held on Tuesday, the 21st of October 2003 with Matrix Networks.
Please visit our meetings page at and RSVP so we can have an estimate of
attendance.  The RSVP is NOT mandatory, but appreciated!
See our meetings page for information and RSVP:
http://pasa.portland.or.us/meetings

Schedule
=========

7:00 - 7:30 Pizza / Welcome / Introductions
7:30 - 8:00 Nigel Ballard - Director of Wireless. Discusses Wi-Fi for
	    corporate users,convenience over security worries.
8:00 - 8:30 Mark Bilton-Smith - IP Telephony Sales. Discusses the
	    benefits of migrating existing systems or installing new systems
            using a wholly IP-based phone solution.
8:30 - 10:00 Networking, discussion over beer. Location TBD.
About Matrix Networks
=====================

Matrix Networks has been serving Portland's voice and data needs for
thelast twenty years. Within the last two years Matrix has had a shift
of emphasis as the market has moved. New directions involve installing
pointto point wireless links thus circumventing lengthy and costly fiber
orcopper runs between buildings. Matrix has also been providing Wi-Fi
solutions for enterprises, hotels and marinas and more recently
IP-basedphone solutions have provided a new and exciting focus for the
staff at Matrix

About PASA
==========

PASA is an informal support group for Portland Area Systems
Administrators. We currently have members from the east and west sides,
Vancouver, and Portland proper. Members are UNIX, NT, NetWare, and Network
administrators -- sometimes a combination of the four. Someday we may
get around to building some structure into the group, but that hasn't
happened yet. (Of course, there are no membership dues either.)

We are also an official USENIX SAGE local group.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * * *  Linux Services for Small Businesses  * * * * * *
*       Easy, reliable solutions for small businesses       *
*    Naked Ape Business Server http://nakedape.cc/r/sms     *