[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] Re: [PLUG] PLUG Advanced Topics December 18th

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Dec 17 01:07:26 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Alan" == Alan  <alan at clueserver.org> writes:

Alan> December 18th Advanced topics meeting Russell Senior will be
Alan> speaking on using rsync for backups.

Here's the description I sent to Zot earlier today:

The working title is:

  Beer (in three disk-to-disk backup systems or less!)*, or
  Russell's excellent hardlink adventure

I am going to talk about a subclass of the backup problem: short and
medium term archives stored on disk.  I will compare and contrast
three different systems, with demonstrations (assuming we have a
projector, otherwise it is going to be a short talk ;-).

* see:
  <http://lists.pdxlinux.org/pipermail/plug-announce/2003q3/000133.html>
  for why that is marginally funny.

Alan> Time: 7pm until 9pm or so.

Alan> Date: Wednesday Dec 19th 2003

That should be December 17th.  But since it is tomorrow, I don't think
that confused anyone.

Alan> Location: Jax [Restaurant] 110 SW Yamhill St.  Portland, OR

Citysearch says the address is actually:

826 SW 2nd Ave
Portland, OR 97204

Alan>         On the MAX Line, next to Bally's Fitness.  This is one
Alan> block up and over from Paddy's.

--
Russell Senior         ``With a heavy dose of fear and violence and a lot
seniorr at aracnet.com      of money for projects, I think we can convince