[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] PLUG Advanced Topics September 18th 2006

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Sat Sep 16 05:37:16 UTC 2006

September 2006 Portland Linux/Unix Group Advanced topics meeting

Speaker: Ted Kubaska

Topic:   introduction to Eclipse 3.2

This talk is an introduction to Eclipse 3.2. It assumes that you know
what Eclipse is and may even have installed it and cruised its menus,
that you have not done anything serious with it, but that you might want
to. Eclipse is both an IDE and an RCP (a starting platform for your own
applications). Although I'll mention and define RCP, the talk is about
using Eclipse as an IDE. I'll show how to use Eclipse to build a simple
Java console application. As an IDE, it allows you to add your own
plug-ins. The talk will also show how to add a simple plug-in. This talk
is cribbed from various books; little if any of it is original.

Time:
        7pm until 9pm or so. ***NOTE*** There is a party before us that ends at 7pm, so we may start a bit late.

Date:
        Monday September 18th 2006

Location:
        Jax [Restaurant]
        826 SW 2nd Ave
        Portland, OR

        On the MAX Line, next to Bally's Fitness.  This is one block
up and over from Paddy's.

The happy Hour prices are good for the meeting FOR FOOD ONLY.

--

"If we can't compete with some guy sneaking a camera into the theater,
or a blurry, encoded, postage stamp-sized file, then please -- just