[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] [PLUG] ANNOUNCEMENT: Advanced Topics Nov 19th 2007

alan alan at clueserver.org
Mon Nov 19 19:09:53 UTC 2007

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Paul Leddy will not be speaking
tonight and my alternate is busy.

Any suggestions other than heavy drinking?

Q & A session?

I could give a short presentaion on the video servers I built for Orycon,
but I am not certain if that would take the whole hour+.

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Alan wrote:

> Advanced Topics Nov 19th 2007
> 7pm at Jax Bar
> 826 SW 2nd Avenue Portland, Oregon
>
> Speaker: Paul Charles Leddy <pcleddy at gmail.com>
> Topic: Installation and setup of Asterisk
>
>  - basic hardware, and basic requirements based on number of users
> expected
>  - integrating Asterisk with POTS, like Qwest and tuning the lines
> for clarity, a necessary step
>  - integrating Asterisk with VoIP providers, and the different
> options VoIP providers offer
>  - demonstrate the setup of a basic small office PBX using Asterisk
>  - demonstrate getting a VoIP phone to work with Asterisk for in-house
> use
>  - the theory of using Asterisk as a base of multiple connection
> points, ie a SIP server
>  - the theory of using Asterisk over VPN as a SIP server to road
> warriors
>  - basic networking that becomes necessary when setting up Asterisk
> in-house
>
> Standard meeting rules apply.

Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense.