[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] ANNOUNCEMENT: June PLUG Meeting

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Wed Jun 4 01:43:48 UTC 2008

                            MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

                       The Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                 will meet
                         7 PM Thursday Jun 5, 2008
                                     at
                         Portland State University
                                   in the
                              Fariborz Maseeh
             College of Engineering & Computer Science Building
                              To Be Announced
                   (I think we will be in the basement.)
             (I'll include room number in second announcement.)
          The building is on SW 4th across from SW College Street.
       See location H-10 on map at http://pdxLinux.org/campus_map.jpg

                                PRESENTATION

                                 OpenSource
                      Unified Threat Management (UTM)
                                   in the
                                 Enterprise

                                     by

                                Dan Carrere
                            <carrere at gmail.com>

     Dan Carrere has worked in Computer and Network Security with
     Linux and other Open Source Software from the beginning.
     He has also taught at several colleges and universities for
     many years.

        Agenda:

            7:00 - 7:30  Business
                 We will discuss the status of our ongoing projects
                 including PLUG's monthly Advanced Topics meetings,
                 PLUG's monthly hands on clinics, PLUG for Education,
                 etc.

            7:30 - 8:30  Presentation

                 See above

            9:00 - ...  Beer
                                Jax Bar And Restaurant
                                826 SW 2nd Avenue
                                Portland
                                (Note:  We no longer use the Lucky Lab.)

                                        David Mandel
                                        Chief Activist
                                        Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                        560 SE Alexander
                                        Corvallis, Oregon 97333
                                        (541) 730-5285 mobile
                                        dmandel at pdxLinux.org

        P.S.  The Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users Group meets
              every month.  They are currently meeting at 6:00 PM
              on the third Wednesday of the month at the Corvallis
              Chamber of Commerce in Corvallis.
              As of May 2008, the Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users
              Group was under reconstruction.  Once this is done
              see http://www.lug.corvallis.or.us/ for details.

        P.S.  The Eugene Linux Users Group meets several times a month.
              See http://www.euglug.org for details.