[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: June PLUG Meeting

David Mandel dmandel at linuxfund.org
Thu Jun 5 08:54:32 UTC 2008

                          MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

                     The Portland Linux/Unix Group
                               will meet
                       7 PM Thursday Jun 5, 2008
                                   at
                       Portland State University
                                 in the
                            Fariborz Maseeh
           College of Engineering & Computer Science Building
                            To Be Announced
                 (I think we will be in the basement.)
           (I'll include room number in second announcement.)
        The building is on SW 4th across from SW College Street.
     See location H-10 on map at http://pdxLinux.org/campus_map.jpg

                              PRESENTATION

                               OpenSource
                    Unified Threat Management (UTM)
                                 in the
                               Enterprise

                                   by

                              Dan Carrere
                          <carrere at gmail.com>

   Dan Carrere has worked in Computer and Network Security with
   Linux and other Open Source Software from the beginning.
   He has also taught at several colleges and universities for
   many years.

      Agenda:

          7:00 - 7:30  Business
               We will discuss the status of our ongoing projects
               including PLUG's monthly Advanced Topics meetings,
               PLUG's monthly hands on clinics, PLUG for Education,
               etc.

          7:30 - 8:30  Presentation

               See above

          9:00 - ...  Beer
                              Jax Bar And Restaurant
                              826 SW 2nd Avenue
                              Portland
                              (Note:  We no longer use the Lucky Lab.)

                                      David Mandel
                                      Chief Activist
                                      Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                      560 SE Alexander
                                      Corvallis, Oregon 97333
                                      (541) 730-5285 mobile
                                      dmandel at pdxLinux.org

      P.S.  The Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users Group meets
            every month.  They are currently meeting at 6:00 PM
            on the third Wednesday of the month at the Corvallis
            Chamber of Commerce in Corvallis.
            As of May 2008, the Mid Willamette Valley Linux Users
            Group was under reconstruction.  Once this is done
            see http://www.lug.corvallis.or.us/ for details.

      P.S.  The Eugene Linux Users Group meets several times a month.
            See http://www.euglug.org for details.