[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] Advanced topics - cancelled unless Alan says otherwise, real soon

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Dec 17 18:30:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 09:12:46AM -0800, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> > if we go ahead with the meeting ...
>
> Keith, that's a fine plan.  But even if we don't cancel the meeting,
> will anyone attend?
>
> Alan?

Unless I hear otherwise from Alan, I am assuming tonight's
Advanced topics meeting is cancelled.

Eric and I have not heard from Alan since his last announcement.
We are on the other side of the west hills, and in advance of an
alleged (noaa.gov) 4 inches of snow and perhaps some freezing rain.
I just spent two hours helping unjam the Tri-Met lift bus that
my mobility-challenged sister needed to get to work - the main
roads are OK, but the hills and some of the side streets are
lethal stupid.

Jax was not answering their phone at 800pm on Tuesday night.  They
left a message earlier (while I was stuck in 2mph traffic on the
way home) to ask if we were coming - I imagine we will have so few
people that it will not be worthwhile to for Barb to pay staff.
The preceding meetings at Jax have been cancelled, so it would
be just us anyway.

So unless Alan disagrees loudly and soon, I will not be appearing
at Jax tonight with a projector, and Eric sounds like he is smart
enough to want to stay home.

Eric has a really exciting bit of software to premiere - but
perhaps it will have new features and be even more exciting in
January.  If that meeting is cancelled also, then I will give
a February talk titled "Thermonuclear Ice Removal with
Linux/GPS guidance systems".  Bring your radiation suit.

Keith