[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: October PLUG AT: Allison Randal on Ubuntu Release Engineering

Michael Dexter dexter at linuxfund.org
Mon Oct 18 17:28:16 UTC 2010

Announcement: Portland Linux/Unix User Group Meeting
PLUG Advanced Topics for October 2010

Topic: Ubuntu Release Engineering by Allison Randal

Date and Time: Tuesday, October 19th, 7PM
Location: Free Geek, 1731 SE 10th Avenue

Ubuntu 10.10 arrived on 10/10/10 and work has already begun on Ubuntu
11.04, scheduled for April of 2011.

Allison Randal is the Technical Architect for Ubuntu at Canonical and
will give a tour of how a Ubuntu release transforms from a download from
kernel.org to a production-ready ISO that is ready to be downloaded by
millions of users around the world.

Allison will highlight how the Ubuntu community gets involved along the
way during the release process.

Calagator Link: http://calagator.org/events/1250459347

Food & Drink: At the last meeting we talked about having a Lucky Lab
menu and calling in an order. With their dinner rush beginning at 6PM,
you are welcome to call in and pay for your own order in the afternoon
and pick it up before the meeting. In short, bring whatever food you
wish. They can be found at:

Lucky Lab on Hawthorne
503-236-3555
http://luckylab.com/html/menu.html#brewpub

It might be a tight fit at the venue but I'm sure we'll manage.

See you there!

Michael