[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] ANNOUNCEMENT: May PLUG Meeting: OpenBSD

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Sat Apr 28 04:50:54 UTC 2012

                             MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

                        The Portland Linux/Unix Group
                                  will meet
                         7 PM Thursday May 3rd, 2012
                                      at
                          Portland State University
                                    in the
                               Fariborz Maseeh
              College of Engineering & Computer Science Building
                               Room FAB 86-01
                         (This is in the basement.)
           The building is on SW 4th across from SW College Street.
        See location H-10 on map at http://pdxLinux.org/campus_map.jpg

                                 PRESENTATION

                                   OpenBSD

                                      by

                                 Bryan Linton

OpenBSD is a free *nix-like operating system that focuses on security,
correctness and developer freedom. With only two remote holes in the
default install in over 10 years, OpenBSD has a reputation of being one
of the most secure operating systems in common use.

This talk will present a basic overview of what OpenBSD is,
and will heavily emphasize what its strengths are. It will also
cover the various methods OpenBSD uses to remain secure.

With OpenBSD 5.1 arriving May 1st, we will also discuss some of its new
features and improvements.

Calagator Page: http://calagator.org/events/1250462331

         Agenda:

             7:00 - 7:30  Business
                  We will discuss the status of our ongoing projects
                  including PLUG's monthly Advanced Topics meetings,
                  PLUG's monthly hands on clinics etc.

             7:30 - 8:30  Presentation and Questions

                  See above

             9:00 - ...  Beer