[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] REMINDER: April PLUG Advanced Topics: Graphite - Scalable Realtime Graphing

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Thu Apr 11 05:39:09 UTC 2013

Portland Linux/Unix Group Advanced Topics Meeting Announcement
(I am calling it a reminder because Tim brought it up at the meeting!)

Who: Timothy Bruce
What: Graphite - Scalable Realtime Graphing
Where: Free Geek, 1731 SE 10th Avenue, Portland (Left Entrance)
When: Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 at 7pm
Why: The pursuit of technology freedom

Graphite - Scalable Realtime Graphing
http://graphite.wikidot.com/

This talk will be my choices as to why I selected collectd / Graphite
for performance monitoring my environment at home (email / web /
database and test systems). The discussion will include what I looked
at, why I discarded the software I did, and show some demonstrations of
Graphite, Munin, and if I can get it working again, Ganglia for a
comparison of some of their features. I will also discuss some of the
hicups I found in configuring some aspects of collectd and Graphite.

Biography

Tim Bruce has been involved in computers since 1981 when he first fell
in love with computing. He's done computer training, computer security,
programming, systems administration and data management. For the last 14
years he's worked as a Database Administrator with Sybase, SQL Server,
and PostgreSQL at employers such as Providence Health Systems, Fiserv,
FlightStats, and currently with Northwest Evaluation Association.

Many will break for the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne afterwards.

Calagator Page: http://calagator.org/events/1250463769

PLUG Page with information about all PLUG events: http://pdxlinux.org/
Follow PLUG on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pdxlinux

See you there!