[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] TONIGHT: May PLUG Meeting: Confronting Depression

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Thu May 2 19:18:32 UTC 2013

Portland Linux/Unix Group Meeting Announcement

Who: Yshai Boussi
What: Confronting Depression
Where: PSU, 1930 SW 4th Ave. Room FAB 86-01 (Lower Level)
When: Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 at 7pm
Why: The pursuit of technology freedom

See location H-10 on the PSU map at http://pdxLinux.org/campus_map.jpg

In the wake of tragic national and local losses in the open source
community to depression, Yshai Boussi of Portland Family Counseling will
discuss all aspects of depression including signs and symptoms, origins,
solutions and treatments, how to help others if you're concerned that
they may be depressed. Yshai has family in the tech community and
insights into why we may have a different relationship with depression
than most communities.

Yshai has been practicing as a psychotherapist since 2003. Over the
years, he has worked with many different types of individuals, couples,
adolescents and families. He has seen how depression affects individuals
but also friends and family as well. He is a Licensed Professional
Counselor operating a private practice with his wife called Portland
Family Counseling. Our practice is in NW Portland.
http://portlandfamilycounseling.com

Calagator Page: http://calagator.org/events/1250463772
PLUG Page with information about all PLUG events: http://pdxLinux.org/

Agenda: