[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] June Linux Clinic - Escape Windows!

Keith Lofstrom keithl at gate.kl-ic.com
Fri Jun 14 22:16:50 UTC 2013

This time of year reminds me of my friend Junie.  Her husband
Ollie is in prison for making an illegal copy of Windows.  I'm
in contact with the escape committee, Linux users who are also
fond of Rodgers and Hammerstein show tunes.  So when I got a
singing phone call, "June is busting out Oliver!" ...

I don't want any more punnishing telephone calls, or friends in
jail for using the wrong operating system.  Before the Business
Software Alliance sends the cops to break down your front door,
sneak out the back with your computer, and bring it to Free Geek
at 1731 SE 10th Avenue (three blocks south of Hawthorne) Sunday
June 16 between 1pm and 5pm.

We will erase the evidence, replacing it with Linux (perhaps even
BSD) in your choice of decorator colors and distros!   No worries
about fingerprints - we have keyboards, monitors, and mice that
the cops will never find.  Yes We Scan?  No!  Free Geek has wired
and wireless internet for your anonymous Internet pleasure.  We
don't do good-cop/bad-cop - but we do have good and bad Linux
advice (your choice) from our skilled team of easily distractable
look at the pretty butterfly!

We have coffee and snacks.  We may not have a cake with a file
baked in it, but we have cake packs of CDs and DVDs onto which
we can bake all the files you want!

So - escape from the prison of Windows, and join us this third
Sunday for Linux Clinic!

Keith