[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] TONIGHT: April PLUG Advanced Topics: Heartbleed & apcupsd

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Tue Apr 15 19:25:08 UTC 2014

Portland Linux/Unix Group Advanced Topics Meeting Announcement

Who: Ted Mittelstaedt
What: Heartbleed: It's cause, the solution, lessons learned plus apcupsd
Where: Free Geek, 1731 SE 10th Avenue, Portland (Left Entrance)
When: Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 at 7pm
Why: The pursuit of technology freedom

The "Heartbleed" OpenSSL bug potentially impacts everyone who has used
the Internet but was simple enough to explain in an XKCD cartoon.

http://xkcd.com/1354/

Ted Mittelstaedt will enlighten us about it and the issues
surrounding it. Should he not be able to attend, we can have a
roundtable discussion and we certainly all have something to contribute.

Ted has also been experimenting with APC's new UPC interface and
apcupsd. He will share his findings on this.

Many will head to the Lucky Lab on Hawthorne after the meeting.

Calagator Page: http://calagator.org/events/1250465842

PLUG Page with information about all PLUG events: http://pdxlinux.org/
Follow PLUG on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pdxlinux

See you there!