[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] Tonight's PLUG meeting: Lowest Common Denominator Coding with vi and /bin/sh

Michael Dexter editor at callfortesting.org
Thu Jul 3 18:27:12 UTC 2014

For want of Paul Fenwick who appears to be in town, I am happy to share
what I've learned coding a rather complex 2500 line project that is
entirely developed in vi and /bin/sh

In short, this would be a crash course in vi and /bin/sh - two tools
that are on 99% of POSIX/Unix systems.

If you have to support a system, these might provide your only available
development environment.

If you are a higher-level coder, they say you need to learn the rules
before you break them.

Formal announcement to come later today.

Michael Dexter
PLUG Volunteer