[PLUG-ANNOUNCE] WE HAVE A WINNER: PLUG/OSCON Book Review Contest

Michael Dexter dexter at ambidexter.com
Thu Jul 17 11:59:42 PDT 2014

Dear PLUG members,

I wish to thank our four contest entrants for submitting book reviews
and am pleased to report that the kind folks at O'Reilly are impressed
by the response. Now that so much material is online and books are
becoming special resource, let's ALL try to make a habit of reviewing
whatever books we read. Even some stars on Amazon is appreciated and
there is even a place for negative reviews if truly justified. I have
submitted them for some shovelware Wikipedia content books I got on Amazon!

Without further ado...

All four reviews were great and two stood out as excellent. They were
thorough and thoughtful yet critical when appropriate.

The panel of judges has considered over 42 criteria and selected:

Bill Kielhorn (pen name Ted Smith): High Performance JavaScript

Congratulations Bill! (and Ted!)

There was some controversy over Bill's mention of Kernighan and Ritchie
as the judges were not sure if this represented genuine insight or a
shameless tactic to appeal to their Unix loyalty. Either way, the review
was eloquent and thoughtful.

See you at OSCON!

Michael Dexter
PLUG Volunteer