[PLUG-JOBS] Test Engineer Unix/Linux (12-month contract)
jblack at jblack.org
Thu Jan 29 17:33:56 PST 2004
Posted at http://portland.craigslist.org/sof/23315985.html
Linux networking contract
Reply to: jobs.portland at yoh.com
Date: 2004-01-28, 2:43PM PST
Test Engineer Unix
Length of Engagement: 12 Months
Roles & Responsibilities
Project Description: Validation of network drivers on Unix and/or Linux
including gigabit and advanced features
Testing drivers for network adapters
This position requires considerable interaction with software developers
and other test personnel. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
are essential. Minimum of 2 years applicable experience. Minimum of 2
years of study in applicable computer studies preferred but not
1. Working knowledge of multiple Unix-based OSes in network environment
(Linux, FreeBSD, SCO, Solaris, etc... ).
2. Understanding of Local Area Networking Concepts as applied to
Ethernet environment (cabling, protocols, layers, copper, fiber).
3. Ability to perform and analyze results of comparative multi-platform
4. Familiarity with switches, routers, hubs, (configuration,
5. Good verbal and written communication skills (easily understood, can
6. Ability to work effectively, both independently and in collaboration
Additional Skills Desired:
1. Programming or shell scripting knowledge.
2. Familiarity with PVCS Tracker reporting application.
3. Knowledge of other Operating Systems (Microsoft, Novell NetWare).
This is a contract job.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
this is in or around Hillsboro
More information about the PLUG-jobs