[PLUG-JOBS] Software Engineer with Strong Linux networking
shannon at widge.net
Tue Aug 9 11:51:57 PDT 2005
Seeking Software Engineer with Strong Linux Networking experience
Portland-based Company in SW Portland is currently seeking an interesting
individual with at least three years of professional software development
experience and robust networking knowledge to join our team
in building a world class system for managing Wi-Fi networks.
Applicants must have experience delivering and maintaining production
web applications in a hosted, secure and highly-available environment
and have experience developing object-oriented code in an N-tier
The initial focus of this position will be on developing the newest
product offering, a system to monitor and manage the network
infrastructure of wireless hotspots and provide advanced end-user
troubleshooting capabilities. The system simulates the end-user
experience at a hotspot through a series of low-level networking tests.
These tests and the resulting alerts are configurable via a centrally
hosted web application which is tightly integrated with clients
The nature of the application requires that candidates have strong
software development skills as well as thorough knowledge of networking
protocols and hardware. Applicants must have:
- Strong understanding of IP addressing, NAT, DNS, DHCP, SMTP and
- Experience with C/gSOAP/Libpcap/Libnet libraries
- Familiarity with MySQL database development and administration
The following experience is highly preferred:
- Manipulating the Linux kernel and creating custom distributions
- Cisco IOS routers, switches, and access points configuration and
- 802.11 wireless networking
- Object-oriented PHP development
- Strong with C, C++ and PHP
- Software development on embedded devices
Within the first 30 days you will: * Write automated unit tests for
programming. * Begin actively pair-programming production code that will
within weeks. * Participate in system design and architecture decisions.
* Work with the on-site customer
to define requirements and estimate work required. * Be added to the
on-call rotation for support escalations.
* Optionally attend an informal social gathering.
We use a variety of technologies at and you will likely
experience all of them.
Here is a sampling:
* PHP * MySQL * C# * SOAP/XML Web Services
* ASP.NET * MSSQL * Perl * C/C++ * RADIUS * Subversion
* NUnit * Bugzilla * MediaWiki
If you think we should hire you, send us a letter telling us why, along
with a legible and concise resume to shannon at widge.net.
shannon at widge.net
More information about the PLUG-jobs