[PLUG-JOBS] LINUX Mid Level experience
jrussell at synergyseven.com
Tue Apr 19 16:09:47 PDT 2011
This position requires a candidate who has extensive Linux experience.
Specifically, we are looking for a candidate who can build packages from
source, troubleshoot build problems and debug them.
4 years of Linux experience.
The candidate should have experience with networking fundamentals, Internet
protocols, network analysis and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in Enterprise Linux Operating systems including RHEL and SLES
- Experience with the following vendor products: Cisco, Brocade, Emulex,
QLogic, EMC, IBM, HP, NetApp
- Proficiency in IP networking in a Linux environment including advanced
configurations (VLAN and bonding)
- Superb troubleshooting and diagnostic skills including the ability to
solve problems independently
- Understandi ng of network testing tools such as NetPerf, Chariot,
Wireshark, tcpdump, etc
- Shell scripting experience, including knowledge of for loops, grep, sed or
- Experience in network switch configuration such as Cisco and Brocade
- Excellent English writing skills and verbal communication skills
- Experience with SCSI devices, disk partitioning, RAID and LVM.
- Python, Perl or other advanced scripting.
- CCNA, RHCE, LPI, A+ certification
Additional competencies include:
- Be motivated and able to work well with others
- Possess good planning skills and the ability to adapt to workload changes
- Be able to clearly and concisely report observations and communicate
status of tasks
- Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to determine the
next logical steps within the scope of work being done
4800 SW Meadows Road, Suite 300
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
jrussell at synergyseven.com <blocked::mailto:jrussell at synergyseven.com>
More information about the PLUG-jobs