[PLUG-JOBS] Cedexis is hiring a Senior Operations Engineer
mchinburg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 10:42:51 PDT 2011
For information and how to apply, please visit our jobs page
Here at Cedexis we are building a faster Web. Be a part of an innovative
engineering and operations team designing a massively scalable and
performant, global load-balancing product.
We need an experienced IT “Operations Engineer” to help design, implement
and deploy applications, subsystems and network topologies. This position is
full-time and located in our Portland OR office. The Operations Engineer
will take applications developed by the Engineering (software development)
team and design highly available IT architectures.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with virtual and cloud based compute and storage resources
- Experience building and maintaining a global, multi PoP monitoring
system a plus
- Comfortable configuring BGB announcements and community strings is a
- Minimum of 4 years administering Linux systems in a production
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement unfamiliar technologies
- Experience with scaling database driven web applications to handle
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service
- Experience leading short projects involving outside teams is a plus.
- Advanced experience coding in one of the following languages is a
plus: Shell, Python or Perl
- Proven analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership,
urgency, and drive.
- Participate in the design of architectures that deliver against strict
requirements for functionality, scalability, performance, cost and
- Continually evaluate and improve our processes and application
standards with the goal of repeatability and standardization
- Installation and configuration of UNIX servers
- Write scripts to monitor and automate processes
- Write & maintain operational, monitoring, and deployment documentation
- Create and maintain security measures (firewalls, patches, ssh keys,
- Shared 24/7 pager responsibilities
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PLUG-jobs