[PLUG-JOBS] Linux Validation Tech-
JRussell at synergyseven.com
Wed Feb 22 10:33:24 PST 2012
Contract- 12 to 18 months -
Linux Validation Technician
Hillsboro Oregon -
This position provides a challenging technical opportunity to validate Linux drivers and software for 10GbE Converged Network Adapters, working with emerging technologies in the networking and storage industries. This position offers a chance to improve Linux skills, configure next generation switches, test industry standard SAN arrays and analyze TCP/IP packets with expensive sniffers.
Daily responsibilities include testing adapter configuration tools, configuration of networking and SAN equipment, conducting scripted and Ad-Hoc test plans, maintaining test environment, ensuring quality by troubleshooting defects and working with development to resolve them.
This position requires a candidate who has extensive Linux experience. Specifically, we are looking for a candidate who can build packages from source, troubleshoot build problems and debug them. Only those candidates who can demonstrate at least 4 years of Linux experience on their resume will be considered. In addition, a candidate with strong networking skills is desired. The candidate should have experience with networking fundamentals, Internet protocols, network analysis and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in Enterprise Linux Operating systems including RHEL and SLES
- Experience with the following vendor products: Cisco, Brocade, Emulex, QLogic, EMC, IBM, HP, NetApp
- Proficiency in IP networking in a Linux environment including advanced configurations (VLAN and bonding)
- Superb troubleshooting and diagnostic skills including the ability to solve problems independently
- Understanding of network te sting tools such as NetPerf, Chariot, Wireshark, tcpdump, etc
- Shell scripting experience, including knowledge of for loops, grep, sed or awk
4800 SW Meadows Road, Suite 300
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
jrussell at synergyseven.com<blocked::mailto:jrussell at synergyseven.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PLUG-jobs