[PLUG-JOBS] Associate Build Developer (Linux) - Puppet Labs
andrea at puppetlabs.com
Thu Nov 6 19:18:57 PST 2014
We are hiring an associate-level Build Developer for our Release team at
Puppet Labs. Looking for someone who has a Linux background and a strong
interest in automation. Feel free to email me with questions: andrea at
puppet labs dot com
Link to the job description: http://bit.ly/1pn1ww9
Puppet Labs is hiring a* Build Developer *to develop and maintain our
internal image-based systems. In this role, you will create and manage the
image templates that are at the heart of our software build and test
systems. An image in this sense is a pristine artifact encompassing an
operating system, virtualized or bare metal, that Puppet Labs software will
manage. You will help implement a self-service, fully automated build
infrastructure that reduces friction in the development process and
improves the quality of Puppet Labs software. As Build Developer, you are
skilled at analyzing and resolving software configuration and installation
issues to maintain product integrity and overall rollout of software.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- You work well within and across teams to deliver high-quality software.
- You can elucidate and debate software architectural decisions and the
resulting tradeoffs across cost, performance, reliability, and other
- You have experience building software in a high-level programming
- You are familiar with various virtual image formats, including but not
limited to VMware, Docker, Amazon, GCC, and Azure.
- You are familiar with build automation tools, including but not
limited to autoconf, automake, make, cmake, lein, grunt, rake.
- You are familiar with Distributed Version Control, issue trackers,
mailing lists, IRC and the other common tools among open-source users and
- You understand how great software is designed, built, delivered, and
maintained, and care passionately about delivering an excellent user
- You use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses
of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Requires contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, virtual
meetings, VOIP or otherwise) and the ability to work and interact in a
group or team.
*Recruiter** | **Puppet Labs, Inc.*
308 SW 2nd Ave, 5th Floor
Portland, OR 97204
andrea at puppetlabs.com
*Want to see what it's like to work here? Follow us on twitter:
@teampuppetlabs <https://twitter.com/teampuppetlabs>. *
*We're hiring - check out our open positions! **www.puppetlabs.com/jobs
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the PLUG-jobs