Argumentation (Was: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.)

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Apr 3 23:43:11 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Scot" == Craighead, Scot D <craighead.scot at vectorscm.com> writes:

Scot> Then why do they say that they are willing to die to kill
Scot> Israeli's?  Why does Arafat and Hussein praise the suicide
Scot> bombers.  Why does Hussein give money to families of the suicide
Scot> bombers?  Why do Arabs chant and hold signs that say "Death to
Scot> Israel"?

Maybe because they perceive with some justification that the Israeli's
stole their land.  Our constitution has an amendment (5th) that says
that the government can't take your land for public use without just
compensation.  Essentially, after some preliminary Zionist terrorism,
Israel was given someone elses land by the UN (and I think we can
conclude with US consent and leadership) but no just compensation was
ever paid.  The Palestinians have a legitimate grievance which they
are not being allowed to redress peacefully.  You can expect them to
use whatever means are available to them to assert their rights.  You
take away peaceful means, you take away strictly military means, and
what do you have left?  If Palestinian people had something to _live_
for, maybe they wouldn't be so hot to kill themselves.  And don't give
me the whole Muslim martyrdom->paradise thing.  About half of the
suicide bombers last month were from a secular group (according to
yesterday's Oregonian).

Jeme> Did you learn nothing from the Iran/Contra affair?

Scot> That Reagan signs thing without reading them?  He wasn't that
Scot> good of an actor.  Bedtime for Bonzo?  That Admiral Pointdexter
Scot> has no morals at all?  That Oliver North was such a dedicated
Scot> Marine that he would follow any order he was given and take the
Scot> fall if ordered to?

You notice that largely it is the same bunch in control now.  They've
even dredged up Richard Perle.  If he isn't a leading candidate for
the Anti-Christ, I don't know who is.  Furthermore, if you think
Reagan was out of touch, what do you think Bush reads?  His reading
skills are apparently limited to _The Very Hungry Catepillar_ (it's
got nice pictures too).

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible