Arugmentation (Was: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.)

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Thu Apr 4 01:43:03 UTC 2002

>Heh.  So is Iraq.  Do the UN Security Council Resolutions mean nothing
>then?  The UN has authority over nations that agree to abide by
>International Law.  It seems to me that nations that reject its
>jurisdiction should also be denied its auspices.  That seems fair.
>But to _use_ the UN to attack other countries and then deny that the
>same rules apply to it is just morally degenerate.

Agreed.  We (the US) should get out of the UN.

>Better call up the Hague and let them know, so they can spring
>Slobodan.

I agree.  Slobodan is a rotten human being, but he was acting within the
laws of his country.  His countrymen should decide his fate.  His arguement
that the world court has no jurisdiction over him is correct.

(You hate it when I agree with you, don't you! ;-))