Arugmentation (Was: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.)

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Thu Apr 4 17:30:57 UTC 2002

Did you read the comments on this Article?
http://www.unhchr.ch/tbs/doc.nsf/(symbol)/CCPR+General+comment+20.En?OpenDocument

Those sound like reasonable questions on an Article that's very open ended.

I'm not saying what's right or wrong. I'm simply stating that there are
questions that haven't been answered. I see it as a duty of my
representatives to ALWAYS question these things. In this case, I agree with
the questions.

At 03:28 AM 4/4/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>The International Covenant on Civil
>and Political rights was ratified by the United States with a reservation
>against Article 7 -- the article states that no person shall be subject to
>torture or cruel or degrading treatment as punishment.

Russ Johnson
http://www.dimstar.net

Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice