Argumentation (Was: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.)

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Thu Apr 4 19:29:11 UTC 2002

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeme A Brelin [mailto:jeme at brelin.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 11:23 AM
To: 'plug-talk at lists.pdxlinux.org'
Subject: RE: Argumentation (Was: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.)

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Craighead, Scot D wrote:
> >Then we should certainly stop the sanctions against Iraq, which kill
> >approximately 5000 children every month.
>
> You keep wanting to blame the US for this.  Why?  If we don't give
> them aide and trade with them it is our fault their government can't
> take care of their citizens?  This is ridicules.
>I have no real sympathy for Saddam Hussein.  But you have to admit that,
>like in Afghanistan, the U.S. got exactly what it should have expected
>considering previous action in the region.

You really don't like America do you?

I'll tell you what I would really like to see.  I would like to see all the
dictatorships and monarchies in the middle east replaced by democratic
republics.  I'd like to see the people that live in those places have
freedom and the prosperity that comes with a free republic.  Then we can
finally have piece in the middle east for the first time ever.