Argumentation (Was: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.)

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Fri Apr 5 01:37:24 UTC 2002

Also Sprach Craighead, Scot D <craighead.scot at vectorscm.com> on Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 05:16:54PM PST

> I am for lowering taxes.  Bush did that.

Only to find out a few months after the rebate checks come out
there's been a horrible shortfall, even though a fair number of
people looked at his plan before and said it wouldn't work.  Oops,
looks like it's time to dip into the old people's social security.
I don't mind paying taxes and I could generally care less whether
they're raised or lowered.  What I do care about is my tax money
being pissed away on unnecessary things like an overly large
military, missle defense schemes, nuclear weapons, etc., when
it could better be used to build public transportation, provide
universal healthcare, developing national intellectual resources
(i.e., schools and universities), etc.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
irc.linux.com                             #orlug,#pdxlug,#lnxs