Arugmentation (Was: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.)

Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Fri Apr 5 17:48:43 UTC 2002

>I think Jeme and Russell have already given you examples of the
>dastardly things we've done.  You seem to be applying a double
>standard to Israel; you condemn the harm to civilians (rightly so)
>when they're your own country, but when they're Palestinian
>civilians (including too often a fair number of women and
>children), you feel it's justified defense.

Certainly the Israeli's have inflicted suffering on the Palestinians.  But
the Israeli's have tried to make peace many times and it has always been
Palestinians that have broken it.  In the last couple of weeks the Israeli's
tried to make peace again and the responce was daily suicide bombing of
civilians with children as the main target.  Arafat regards terrorism as a
political weapon that he has at his disposal.  The Israeli's finally threw
in the towel and returned to military action.  I don't see what else they
could have done.  If we allow terrorism to be used as a bargaining chip, it
only causes more terrorism.  If you give an inch to a terrorist, it lets
them know that it works and they continue to use it.