Arugmentation (Was: Re: [PLUG-TALK] Fair Use, etc.)

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sat Apr 6 01:04:47 UTC 2002

At 04:25 PM 4/5/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Your point here,  is apparently that since I made a TYPO with "emotional" I
>am a bad communicator?

No, my point is that EVERYONE makes a better point when they communicate
properly. Spelling is part of that.

I happen to be part of the group that feels that those that speak and spell
well tend to show their intelligence better. Not always the case, but I
find it to be a good indicator.

>I was runner up in my school spelling bee in the sixth grade,  funny aint
>it?

Most of the US grows up with a 6th grade reading and comprehension level.
Isn't it night to have made it?

Since we're comparing resumes, I will add that I had a 10th grade reading
and comprehension level in the 4th grade.

> > >UAL stock and Buzzy Kroengaard cannot be denied,   can it?
> >
> > I don't know. I didn't do the research. It sure sounds damning, but then,
> > lots of things are damning when the coincidence is strong enough. "K" is
> > the 11th letter of the alphabet and all that.

{snip}

I cut all of that, as it had no content at all.

>And is there some inherent distrust worthy of anyone who's only agenda is
>Truth?  Justice?  Rule of Law?
>Is it "agendas" that are suspect or suspect agendas?

Or could it be that their agenda is "selling books", "booking speaking
engagements" and generally "selling themselves"?

>I agree.  Now, if those who did it are in office,  what will you say?  Will
>you still say that when it is dangerous to your health or freedom?

If it is as you say, then they should be taken care of too.

Russ Johnson
http://www.dimstar.net

Don't judge a book by its movie