[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] False advertising?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Dec 6 22:17:25 UTC 2002

Brent Rieck wrote:

>The brush off I repeatedly got (as well as other factors) has led
>me to believe that they don't actually care to make public
>transportation anything other than a transportation method of last
>resort for most people.

Why should they do otherwise? They get paid, regardless. Congress
mandated public transportation.

They don't want everyone riding it, because then the roads would be
cluttered with big huge busses instead of big busses and small cars.

It's sort of like welfare. If everyone gets welfare, then no one is
working to pay for it.

Russ