[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Free time wasted costs what?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Dec 6 22:25:04 UTC 2002

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 12:53, Russ Johnson wrote:
>

>>You are completely ignoring the fact that I just disproved your
>>arguement.
>>

>In your own perception, perhaps that is the case.

How do you figure?

I said, "doubling my travel time is not 'very little longer than driving'."

You replied with ADDITIONAL arguements. You said nothing to support your
premise that Tri-met doesn't add significant time to your travel. It's a
fact that traveling by bus or train adds time to your travel. In my
case, it's nearly doubles it. The fact that I could read a book while
traveling does nothing to change the fact that it takes me longer to get
there.

Personally, I have better things to do than sit on a train
(uncomfortable, when I CAN get a seat). Unfortunately, I can't afford to
pay extortion for parking. I'd rather drive, and then spend the time I'm
not on the train in my nice, plush couch at home, with music and a good
drink.

Russ