[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] PLUG meeting

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sat Dec 7 22:44:26 UTC 2002

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Russ Johnson wrote:
>

>>>This is a whole different problem that suburbs and mobility cause (though
>>>since they have the same cause they are the same problem).  Rather than
>>>take the time and effort to improve your local schools, you moved to a
>>>place where the schools were already acceptable to you.
>>>

>>You have that wrong. The Eugene public schools are better than
>>anything the Portland metro area has. We had a choice of locations
>>when we relocated. School quality was high on the list, because our
>>kids are already there, and we can't afford to wait 5 years for the
>>schools to improve. It's a moot point then, as they're all graduated.
>>

>I don't have it wrong.  You're more interested in giving your own children
>a good education than improving education for everyone generally.  It was
>a selfish, anti-community move.

So call me selfish. I choose to give my kids the best that I can. Any
parent would do the same. And if you want to tell me that's not true.
Don't bother replying, because you KNOW you're lying.

>>Then there's that damn Portland school board member that thinks
>>parents don't have the ability to raise their own kids. I'll be damned
>>if I'm going to support his ass with my taxes.
>>

>Instead, you let "his ass" keep the seat by avoiding responsibility to
>your community and living within the district and working against his
>re-election campaign.

Oh, I work against him alright. I talk against him any time I can. I
just refuse to help him in any way. I have that choice because this is
America, and I can vote with my feet as well as a ballot.

--
Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

Love is the delusion that one woman differs from another -- Murphy's Laws on Sex n°58