Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Jun 17 21:26:13 UTC 2002

That's just it. "No man is an island" applies.

Something has intrinsic value because we choose to give it intrinsic value.
Gold is perceived as valuable because it's not the most common of metals.
Silver, to a lessor degree because it's more common.

If coconuts were rare, we'd have a higher value for them as well.
Unfortunately, the darn things grow pretty fast.

My point is that fiat money or no, it's working. The whole world believes
it's working. Until we get to a point where we need no money, it'll
probably continue to work.

All the other crap you spewed was pure, simple racist crap. If you truly
believe that, I know of a good survival camp in northern Idaho that's
looking for members. Although, if you are from Oregon, they have to check
you out much harder. You know, there's Rashnishies and Hippies in Oregon.
Might want to move to Montana for a few years to get rid of the Oregonian
stigma.

At 02:11 PM 6/17/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>He uses an island metaphor to get the simple concept of food/gold connection
>across to those like yourself who are too busy arguing with yourself,
>arguing forest instead of tree,  to see what is the BOTTOM LINE.

Russ Johnson
http://www.dimstar.net

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity