Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Jun 17 23:10:31 UTC 2002

At 03:20 PM 6/17/2002 +0000, you wrote:
> > If you really feel that folks from other countries should come here, then
> > maybe you should split yourself into your constituent parts, and move back
> > to that part of the world your family came from.
>
>Makes no sense atall.

Makes perfect sence. If you can read english.

> > That is assuming, of course, (I've never met you) that you are not 100%
> > Native American.
>
>I am.

Really? What tribe? Just being born on this continent does not make you
"Native American".

> >Otherwise, at one time or another, your family was just as
> > guilty of immigrating as those folks coming across the border now. The
> > difference is, we've vilified coming across the southern border of the US.
> > Coming through Ellis Island was a great thing to do.
>
>Guilty?  They didn't come for free food and medical while refusing to learn
>the language and perhaps even having enemy alien status.

Most of the folks I've met from Mexico work harder than their US
counterparts, and are willing to take jobs that many US Citizens won't even
consider.

As for free food and medical... If the governments policy allows it, that's
a price we pay. Either change the policy, or quit complaining. Again, this
is the governments fault, not the fault of the immigrants.

> > (random thought) Hmm, I bet it's the government that did the vilifying in
> > the first place.
>
>No,  you are doing it quite well enough already.

But who originally made it "bad" to come north across the southern border?
I bet it was a conspiracy and propaganda from the government.

Russ Johnson
http://www.dimstar.net

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity