Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Mon Jun 17 23:49:00 UTC 2002

>To which I replied:
>"So?  I know of at least one other non-English speaking country that prints
> its stop signs in English.  (The country in question is Germany)"

I still think this is a false statement.  I went all over Germany and never
saw saw a single sign in English.  I have to believe my eyes more than your
statement.

>Isn't it so obvious that it hits you?  If there are signs in other
countries that aren't in >there native language and they manage to
understand them, is it possible that someone that >doesn't speak English can
still understand the meaning of a sign?  Especially when it has >been
explained to them in their native language?  Sorry, I just don't think that
people as a
>whole are THAT stupid.

I would be willing to bet that the German's would not let you take their
driver's license test in any other language.