Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Jun 18 00:09:45 UTC 2002

>> I still think this is a false statement.  I went all over Germany
>> and never saw saw a single sign in English.  I have to believe my
>> eyes more than your statement.

John> I too went to Germany and saw English stop signs.  And I trust
John> my eyes too.  So I guess we will just have to disagree on this
John> point.  (I will concede that it is possible that since the time
John> I went to Germany they have taken all of them down, but there
John> were some when I went last.)

You all might want to look at:

  <http://www.savannahnow.com/savvy/experiences/paris1017.html>

which seems to confirm my recollection that I saw "STOP" signs in
France as well:

   ``All in all, France is not that much different from the United
     States in their driving rules - I mean they drive on the right
     side of the road, which is better than England! They even have
     stop signs that say STOP and are red hexagons.''

FWIW.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible