Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jun 18 08:16:03 UTC 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Craighead, Scot D wrote:
> >That is assuming, of course, (I've never met you) that you are not 100%
> >Native American. Otherwise, at one time or another, your family was just as
> >guilty of immigrating as those folks coming across the border now. The
> >difference is, we've vilified coming across the southern border of the US.
> >Coming through Ellis Island was a great thing to do.
>
> You are right.  We have vilified entering the country illegally and
> made legal immigration a great thing.

There wasn't any such thing as "illegal immmigration" until relatively
recently.

It seems all the Europeans that flooded onto this continent decided, at
some point, that there were enough "foreigners" around and halted the
process.

"We made it before the deadline, you didn't.  Sorry.  Oh, you didn't know
there was a deadline?  Well, there was.  We just made it."

What gives ANY white, yellow, or brown person the right to say that some
other white, yellow, or brown person cannot come to this land that their
ancestors (most in VERY recent history) came unto freely or in chains?

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net