Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jun 18 08:55:36 UTC 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
> Living in harmony is achieved by obeying the law.

Living in harmony is achieved by being tolerant and respectful.  The law
is a LAST RESORT to catch those who are cannot self-govern.

> Illegal immigration is illegal.
> Therefore they are criminals by definition.

The immigrants you mean, got it.

> What more need I say?

I think that we're trying to get you to tell us WHY we should respect that
particular law.

We both agree that the best thing to do is to stop the crime before it
happens with the least inconvenience to the potential criminal.  But it is
a matter of implementation upon which we disagree:  You think we need iron
fences on the border and armed guards maybe even some kind of fancy
tracking system (Citizen Chip Implants?) so we can quickly tell a Legal
from an Illegal and take care of things then and there.  I think it would
be much more respectful, inexpensive, and quick to simply repeal the law.

Without law, there are no criminals.

I think you're trying to tell us (and correct me if I'm wrong) that
illegal immigrants are freeloaders and ne'er-do-wells that just want to
suck up the luxurious lifestyle afforded to the poorest Americans by our
generous and grandfatherly state subsidies.

I have to disagree with every assumption required to generate that
sentence.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin