Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jun 18 09:00:27 UTC 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
> monoculture isn't a good idea.

Um, I didn't make any connections between stop signs and monoculture.

I said that stop signs are on a red octagon with a white border pretty
much everywhere in the world and the word STOP is a formality, rather than
a direction in and of itself.  In fact, I would say that you could get
more people to stop at a red octagonal sign with a white border on which
was printed the string RAXLLE or FORME than you could at a sign of any
other shape and color printed with the word STOP.  Even if every subject
spoke english as one of their principle tongues.

> I point out the futility of trying to convince me otherwise, by saying
> no comprende, because, well.. you oughta be able to connect the dots
> from that one sentence by itself without further explanation.

You mean "connect the dot".

> And those checks are backed with nothing, no fish.

And yet, somehow, we can still buy fish.  MAGIC!

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net