Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jun 18 11:06:46 UTC 2002

On 17 Jun 2002, Russ Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 10:33, J Henshaw wrote:
> > Again,  they are coming here for one reason:  It's still better here.
> > Why is it better?
>
> Many reasons. Maybe the governments of those countries should stand up
> and take notice.

The governments of those countries are run by the same wealthy elite that
run our government (or their proxies and surrogates).  There are rich
countries and poor countries because the economic system that allows them
such enormous consolidated wealth and power requires an abundance of slave
labor and slave labor requires massive scale violence and poverty to keep
in line.  Hence, we have the third world and the U.S. Departments of State
and Defense.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin