Craighead, Scot D craighead.scot at vectorscm.com
Tue Jun 18 16:58:17 UTC 2002

Russell> a) look up "tyranny of the majority";

This is why I support a democratic republic, not a democracy.  What did that
have to with what I said?

>I've heard it expressed.  The rationale I've heard to back it up
>sounds plausible, but I have nothing immediately at hand to point to.
>Do you have anything to point to that supports the opposite
>conclusion?

You made the statement.  It was one that defies common sense.  The burden of
proof is on you.  I just called you on it.  It is bologna and you know you
can't back it up with anything.

>Russell> c) who is to say that maybe they don't want a dime of _their_
>Russell> tax money spent on documents written in english.  Do you
>Russell> really want to go down that road?
>
>Scot> Does that even make any sense?
>
>Not really, which is why what you propose doesn't make sense either.

What I proposed makes a lot of sense, you can't even give a valid argument
against it, which is why you are attacking me personally instead of my
argument.