Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Jun 18 20:17:58 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Scot" == Craighead, Scot D <craighead.scot at vectorscm.com> writes:

Russell> I didn't state them.  And they don't *prove* anything.  The
Russell> reference I cited (did you *read* it?) criticized the widely
Russell> cited studies that purport to show large costs due to
Russell> immigrants.  The reference criticized them on the grounds
Russell> that they overstated the services provided to immigrants and
Russell> understated the benefits provided by immigrants.  How does
Russell> that "prove your point"?

Scot> The studies that were quoted agreed with me. [...]

... and therefore must be correct and are beyond legitimate criticism.
QED.

Scot> They were based on actual facts.  The arguments for why the
Scot> studies were wrong did not have facts, only opinions.

I am amazed at your perceptive abilities.  You haven't read _any_ of
those studies (either the four criticized, or the one that criticizes
them) and yet you have been able to deduce which of them rely of facts
and which don't.  I am truly in awe.  All Hail Scot!  Divine Oracle of
Truth and "Actual Fact"!

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible