Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Jun 18 20:55:52 UTC 2002

You know, at one time, our immigration policy was simply this:

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.

Granted that's an oversimplification, and it's just the words inscribed at
the base of the Statue of Liberty. But Jeme is right in that our policy was
to allow folks to immigrate to our lands pretty much without limits.

At 10:20 AM 6/18/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Just because someone does stop you from doing something, that doesn't make
>it a right.

Russ Johnson
http://www.dimstar.net

hAS ANYONE SEEN MY cAPSLOCK KEY?