Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jun 18 21:15:18 UTC 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, J Henshaw wrote:
> > I think the point we're all trying to make is that there is no "ours".
> > There is yours and that might even be mine, to some extent (though we
> > belong to distinct and rapidly diverging sub-cultures).
>
> Here is an example of muddle-head.

The following or the preceding?

> Read this statement and tell me it is not sefl-contradictory and a
> paradox.

I don't see a self-contradiction or a paradox.

Scot and I may share a culture on some level (though we belong to rapidly
diverging sub-cultures that may soon be separate cultures entirely).  But
that does not mean that WE (as a nation) share a culture.  There are
millions of people in this country who do not share those few tenuous
strands of culture that Scot and I share.  He should not drag them into
his cultural hegemony.

> Albeit one with many sub-qualifiers and particles of the third part
> subject to clauses in the second part, it is still a naked mutually
> exclusive reality that is impossible which makes him of unsound mind
> or a tool of deciet,

There is no mutually exclusive reality here.  If you have a particular
qualm, bring it up and we will all attempt to explain to you where you
misunderstood.

However, you appear to choose only to take your first-blush
(mis)understanding as the True Meaning and make no attempt to seek
clarification.

Your presumptuousness is cotton in your ears.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net