Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Jun 18 21:17:45 UTC 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Craighead, Scot D wrote:
> >Please quote them for me.
>
> "You apparent inability to perceive a valid argument when it appears
> does not reasonably imply that the argument doesn't exist."

I don't see this as an insult.  He's saying that he made a valid argument
(which I saw, and so did others) and you failed to see it, but your
failure does not make the argument nonexistent.

I don't see that pointing out a particular failure is an insult.

Me, I failed to look over my shoulder and crashed my bicycle, breaking my
arm and ruining a perfectly good rim.  Personal failure, right there.  If
you said to me, "You failed to watch where you were going", I would not
consider this an insult.

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin